Lately, the world experienced a greater change, acceptance and thus also of the consumer view on a product is also changing. Coupled with competition Tighter marketing, the marketing strategy must rapidly changing as fast as technology changes occur. Therefore, any marketing strategy must be adjust to the changes that took place both in external and internal environment. Marketers must more creative and innovative in meeting the desires consumers.
For that, Sam Hill and Glenn Rifkin wrote a book called radical marketing. This book highlights the major companies such as Harley Davidson, Virgin Atlantic Water Ways, and Boston Beer for adopting a different approach to marketing that focuses on stretching limited resources, remain closely in touch with your customers, and create a more satisfactory solution for the needs of customers. How “Radical Marketing ” is conducted? These ten rules of radical marketing:
1. CEO Must have a marketing function. CEO of radical marketers never delegate marketing responsibility. In this case, the company has a direct CMO, He is Chief Marketing Officer has responsible for directly concerned with marketing.
2. Make sure that the marketing departments of small and flat initially, and must be maintained remained small and flat. CEOs do not let the marketing management team to grow so large that enlarge their distance from the market/ costomers.
3. Consider the most important thing is the customer. Radical marketers realize the benefits gained from direct interaction with customers.
4. Use market research cautiously. Radical marketers prefer the grass-roots techniques.
5. Work only passionate missionaries, not marketers. Radical marketers have not marketers, they have a missionary.
6. Love and respect your customers as individuals / human beings, not as numbers in a spreadsheet. Radical marketers acknowledge that their core customer is responsible for a lot of the success of their companies.
7. Create a customer community. Radical marketers encourage their customers to think of themselves as communities, and thinking about brands as a unifier of the community. For example, as done by the Harley Davidson motorcycle with a Harley davidson fans club to build brand loyalty.
8. Think about the marketing strategies that have been done. For example, radical marketers use advertising to direct marketing campaign features ads that are brief and targeted.
9. Notice of public opinion and is competing with larger competitors without a fresh marketing ideas and different. Radical marketers, for example, restrict the distribution to create loyalty and commitment among distributors and their customers.
10. Radical marketers have to be loyal to the brand. Radical marketers are obsessive about the integrity of the brand, and they pegged on quality.
That’s the tenth rule of radical marketing, hopefully useful. And, most importantly, always do an evaluation of marketing within a certain timeframe. marketing strategy is dynamic, must be adjusted to the conditions and changes in consumer tastes and growing technology.
Some time ago, Fortune Indonesia magazine released a list of 100 Best Companies in Indonesia this year. 100 The company is known as the... Read More
Talking about marketing, you should be able to design a marketing plan as a whole and its every detail. If you understand your marketing... Read More
If you manufacture a product, you need to promote these products to be bought by consumers. However, amid stiff competition, you also have to... Read More
Hit the ground running in Vietnam and successfully distribute your products at your own terms in this promising market, while others wait for market... Read More
Following from the success of the International Tax Planning MasterClass in Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, we are proud to bring... Read More